Stethoscopes are mostly used within different medical places especially hospitals, nursing homes and other medical clinics. In the present age, most of the medical professionals are using electronic stethoscope as this is regarded as the best stethoscope and it is also quite advanced in nature. You must be highly concerned regarding the proper maintenance of these electronic devices for saving a lot of costs in future. The doctors or nurses must always use hand-gloves while using these devices for checking up the patients for maintaining acute safety.
Cleaning of stethoscopes
It is very much essential to maintain and clean the Stethoscopes in a proper manner in order to use the same for a longer period of time without any hazard. If you are using the best stethoscope, then you must follow the best means of cleaning the same. In most of the cases, the manufacturers cater necessary information regarding stethoscope cleaning for maintaining the same in an effective manner. You can also extract some valuable tips on stethoscope cleaning from different kinds of web based resources especially reviews. You must always use only sterilized stethoscopes in order to prevent germ or disease spread.
- First of all, ear tips of the stethoscopes need to be removed so that the tubing and tips can be cleaned thoroughly. The diaphragm also needs to be removed for cleaning purposes and in that case rubber rim needs to be properly rolled off from chest piece in order to invite deep cleaning of the same.
- A cotton ball or soft cloth needs to be moistened with the isopropyl alcohol solution and then individual parts of the stethoscope need to be cleaned with the same. But you must always remember that stethoscope must not be immersed within nay liquid or water otherwise there is a huge possibility of damaging of the concerned device.
- After that, the stethoscope needs to be properly dried in order to prepare the same for usage. You are highly recommended to put some talcum powder beneath the diaphragm rim in order to make the assembly of the same in a smoother manner.
- The stethoscopes need to be kept away from oils, solvents, colds, and heat otherwise that might causes unwanted damages to the same.
- You can also follow this cleaning process after checking each and every patient in order to prevent the scopes of spreading infectious diseases.
How to store the stethoscopes?
- You are highly recommended to store the stethoscopes in proper medical bags where they can be kept completely safe and away from all kinds of infections.
- If you purchase best stethoscope from any brand, then in that case you will be provided with a suitable stethoscope kit for keeping and storing the instrument in a proper manner without having the fear of losing the same. This kit is quite light-weighted and portable and can be easily carried from one place to another.
- In most of the cases, the doctors carry their stethoscopes in their briefcases which are usually carried within medical places.